Transportation Information and Policies
At Woodland Heights, our number one goal is students' safety on our buses and in our car rider line. If you have a question, please contact our school office at 704-663-1370.
What do I do if I need a transportation change?
- All transportation changes must happen prior to 1:40 - this ensures we have time to notify all parties of the changes.
- If someone will be picking up your child, please be sure to send in a note to the teacher. Remind the pick-up person they will need to have a valid photo ID to ensure the student's safety. If your child is going to another student's house, we must have a written note from both families approving the change.
- If your child is normally a car rider but needs to ride the bus (or vice versa) , please complete the online Transportation Change Form. Calling the office to verify that we have received the note is strongly encouraged.
- Students may not ride a bus they are not assigned to.
- Students may not ride the bus home with other students.
What is the car rider line process?
As many of you know, we have a lot of students who are car riders. Because of this, we ask that you follow these steps:
- Have your car rider tag hanging from your mirror - Our teachers use this to call student names.
- Pull up as far forward as possible. Wait for your child to get in - if they need help with the door our staff will assist them. Please do not get out of the vehicle.
- DO NOT pass cars in the car rider line.
What do I need to do if I would like to change my bus stop?
- Bus stops are assigned by our district transportation department and are not determined by WHES.
- If you would like your bus stop changed, you will need to complete a Bus Stop Change Request Form
- We will send this to the district transportation department for approval or denial.
- If approved, we will notify you of the change.
- If denied, you will receive notification in the mail. Decisions in bus stop changes are not determined by WHES.
- Drivers are not permitted to pick students up at stops that are not assigned stops.
What do I do if I forgot my car rider tag?
- After the first week of school, all car riders should get a tag.
- If you forget your tag, you may be asked to pull up and asked to show a valid photo ID.
- This is to maintain the safety of our children.
I saw someone pass a STOPPED school bus. What do I do?
- At a minimum try to get the license plate number.
- Take down information - the car model, year, color, and any additional information
- Take down the direction the car was going, at what stop, and any additional information
- Report the incident to the NC State Troopers 704-878-4221
If you have additional questions, you may also go to the Iredell-Statesville Schools Transportation website or read these additional frequently asked questions.